Do not confuse CO2 emissions and carbon footprint
The National Low Carbon Strategy (Stratégie Nationale Bas Carbone (SNBC) in French) is France’s roadmap for complying with the Paris Agreements.
This strategy targets 80 million tonnes of CO2 emissions in 2050. This quantity emitted must be equivalent to the one absorbed by the various carbon sinks.
For more details, see the figure on page 5 of the Haut Conseil pour le Climat 3rd report summary.
However, we have not found what the expected imports and exports from France would be. We have considered them null insofar as this strategy aims at carbon neutrality.
- Carbon Footprint Calculator
- View energy and climate data and visualizations available on the Shift Data Portal
- Decarbonize Europe, manifesto which contains several measures to decarbonize Europe
- June 2019 Report of the Haut Conseil pour le climat
- Videos of the Espace des Sciences